The ZRF recognises the progression of young people and communities is a central component of what we do. "Play the Game" programme uses sport as a pathway and platform to:
- Offering educational and coaching qualifications to young people to strengthen their chances of securing future employment
- Increase sports participation amongst 11 - 25 year olds
- Equip communities with a higher level of self-sufficiency whereby they can build on the foundations
- Encourage participation in sport and educational qualifications amongst minority ethnic communities
- Provide opportunities for young people to progress into competitive mainstream football by working closely with local authorities, Football Associations and Chartered Standard Clubs
- Provide on-going mentoring to develop young people further
- Provide pathways in further education and training
"Play the Game" was established not as a one-off event for the local young people - the ZRF believe in longevity and we hope that its impact will be felt in years to come. We therefore aspire not only to build bridges between communities, but we aspire to build future opportunities also for young participants.
Click on the images on the right of this page to read more and see how you can get involved or please get in contact for more information.